top of page

Corycliff Lodge

Updated: Jul 17, 2021

Corycliffe Lodge

Cory Cliff

built in 1912 by Burton family as summer res.

Mr. Mrs A Roy Courtice and Mr. & Mrs. Colin Campbell gave name

Mother of owner called it “cory on the cliff” after her father reverend cory courtice

clarks purchased 1934

1947 stucco added veranda enclosed as sunroom, garage added

wwII 1942 used as werns training , radio ops

1956 kitchen added on north side

1967 used as school of crafts , weaving spinning rug hooking cermics copper painting groupe moved to cedar ridge

1970 staff cottage and studios

1985 reno to conference centre

1997 City demolishes Corycliff



bottom of page